Our client in Cuyahoga Falls is seeking a Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist
Shift- Train on 1st shift- Monday-Friday 6am-4:30pm, then ,after trained, move to 2nd shift 4:30pm-3am
1. Machine heavy production and/or fixturing materials to print requirements.
2. Move heavy materials (up to 20,000 lbs) and tooling using proper equipment (forklifts, overhead cranes,
lifting chains/slings, etc) handling, loading, and machining heavy production and/or fixturing materials to
customer or in-house requirements.
3. Select and properly use a wide variety of tooling including manual rotary work tables, milling heads, drills,
reamers, taps, boring heads, spindle supports, etc to manufacture to print tolerances.
4. Select or modify cutting parameters to suit various applications including different materials, interrupted
cuts, tooling or workpiece situations prone to vibration/chatter, etc.
5. Perform preventative maintenance and repair on equipment as necessary.
6. Assist in troubleshooting and repairing facility machinery.
7. Edit or occasionally programs on CNC controls as necessary.
8. Complete daily maintenance and repair; record actions on logs.
9. Communicate with operators from other shifts.
10. Maintain and secure work tools.
11. Clean and maintain work area.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a
high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience using one or more of the following tools: horizontal lathes, horizontal and vertical milling
machines, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
3. A solid working knowledge of CNC machine code (G & M codes).
4. Advanced skills (Journeyman level) required in use of horizontal boring mill equipment including
comprehension and editing skills for CNC programs.
5. Experience using one or more of the following manual tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
6. Ability to read, interpret, and create blueprints and schematics.
7. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
8. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
9. Knowledge of Faunac Controls.
10. Knowledge of Lucas Machines.
11. Overhead crane experience.
12. Being able to lift up to 30 pounds.