1st Shift Machine Operator
Salem, OH 44460 US
- Ensure that all safety standards are in compliance.
- Maintain a safe, well organized, neat, and clean work environment.
- Support production personnel as instructed, where needed as needed, to maintain shop production that ensures quality and on-time delivery of parts that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Direct responsibility for the proper setup and safe operation of secondary processing equipment with proper tooling and automation necessary to manufacture parts that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Direct responsibility in following the Quality Policy and Procedures as stated in the current ISO standard, to include but not be limited to: material verification, initial material inspection, final part inspection and dimensional verification.
- Direct responsibility to ensure proper documentation in accordance with the current ISO standard and company policy and procedures.
- Direct responsibility for proper part inspection in accordance with company policy and Quality Policy and Procedures as stated in the current ISO standard to ensure that parts being shipped meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Direct responsibility for the assembly of various packaging and shipping containers that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Direct responsibility to ensure the proper packaging and labeling of products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Direct responsibility for the organization and cleanliness of assigned work area.
- Direct responsibility for all tools, and supplies that are issued to him.
- Ensure and maintain accurate part run counts.
- Ensure proper notification of maintenance and safety issues to management.
- Ensure company-wide safety.
- Must be able to read, write and perform math skills suitable for the company as well as the position of Press Inspector.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have some mechanical ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and stand in one place for a long period of time.
- Must be able to physically do the assigned task and all functions associated with that task. This may include but not limited to bending, twisting and turning with your arms sometimes above your head or below your waist.
- Must have the ability to react to production situations constructively working with a sense of urgency.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, including being hungry, hone-able and honorable.
- Must be a goal-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work in an organized and timely manner.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, safe, accurate, timely, cooperative, and conscientious in all activities.
- Must have top level interpersonal skills to cooperatively work as a member of the team.
- Must be self-motivating, a self-starter, and willing to appropriately take action as needed.
- Must have a working knowledge of products regarding styles, sizes, materials, code vs. non-code.
- Must be able to work with the equipment in a way to correctly change and adjust tooling in order to achieve and exceed quality standards.
- Must be able to follow directions and carryout instructions.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of double action presses.
- Must have the ability to use measuring instruments required in the manufacture of products specific to the presses and associated secondary processing equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret part drawings.
- Must possess the ability to use software applications relevant to this position.
- Must have the ability to work in an organized and timely manner.