Employ-Temps http://employtemps.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/JB-Square-200x200.png http://www.employtemps.com http://www.employtemps.com USD 45000 48000 YEAR true
2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Canton, OH 44710 US
2023-03-21 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Maintenance Job Number: 114622 Pay Rate: 45,000-48,000
Our client in Canton is looking for Maintenance Technicians to join their team!
They believe in a culture of respect, and they show respect by providing competitive compensation and a work environment that is open, collaborative, and, above all, safe. If you have a strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude, then you may fit right in!
- 2nd Shift Monday - Friday 3:00pm to 11:00pm
- $45,760 - $45,840/yr
- Act as and take responsibility as Equipment Champion on various pieces of equipment, Preventive and Predictive maintenance and down day planning. The Equipment Champion will be responsible for the overall operational reliability of the equipment and will aid in the planning of repairs and rebuilds.
- Work involves diversified duties, highly variable, requiring considerable care and judgment to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise perform general maintenance activities to include pipe-fitter, burner, welder, millwright, assembler, plumber, and installer skills and abilities. Work will include basic electrical repair and wiring.
- Inspect adjust, clean, and/or lubricate equipment as normal part of preventive maintenance. Train and instruct lesser knowledgeable employees in preventive maintenance and routine equipment care practices.
- Train lesser-skilled maintenance positions on proper work methods and safety procedures when assisting with maintenance activities.
- Maintain plant equipment and maintenance records to meet PTS’s and OSHA’s safety, environmental and quality compliance standards.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of plant equipment, machinery or processes and determine corrective action to include seeking vendor assistance.
- Use blueprints, schematics, diagrams and equipment manuals to tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories. Develop and fabricate accessory fixtures or guards for machines and equipment. Adjust machine mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input or output.
- Repair portable power tools
- A general knowledge of electronics and electrical systems is preferred.
- Requires a broad knowledge of mechanics, controls, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and related tools and equipment.
- Able to understand complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, and all varieties of precision measuring instruments
- Experience working with power transmission equipment (motors, speed reducers, v-belt and sheave drive systems, roller chain and sprocket drive systems), welding and fabrication using AC/DC arc welders, MIG welders, oxy-acetylene cutting torches, plasma cutters, milling machines, lathes, cutoff saws, surface grinders, mechanical presses, rigging equipment to include slings, chains, shackles, wire rope systems, working with overhead cranes, combustion systems, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- College related coursework or equivalent formal technical training preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, and AS400)
- Prefer fork lift & crane certification
Employ-Temps Staffing Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.