Employ-Temps https://employtemps.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/JB-Square-200x200.png https://employtemps.com https://employtemps.com USD 17.00 HOUR true
2nd Shift QC Lab Technician (Plastics)
Wadsworth, OH 44281 US
2023-06-01 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Temp to Hire Job Category: Quality Control Job Number: 118137 Pay Rate: 17.00
A manufacturing company in Wadsworth is looking for a Quality Control Lab Technician to join their team on 3rd shift!
- 2nd shift, Monday - Friday 2:00PM to 10:00PM
- Perform routine testing by following prescribed written procedures and techniques
- Report test results on appropriate forms and other required documentation.
- Maintain testing logs.
- Prepare samples for testing as described in testing procedures.
- Prepare test specimens by operating the injection-molding machines as described in the written operating manual.
- Operate equipment safely and observe all safety precautions.
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and well maintained.
- Troubleshoot and report any testing equipment issue
- Check the testing equipment for accuracy and effectiveness, and report your observations.
- Inform R&D for any nonconforming issues
- Assist in maintaining the return sample system.
- Prepare laboratory blends as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Keep supervisory personnel advised of problems and/or equipment failures.
- A desire to learn to perform tests in a QC laboratory. Chemistry or Biology testing is a plus.
- Requires completion of at least a Highschool diploma or GED. Two years of college education or four years of experience in QC/QA and/or R&D laboratory preferred, but not required.
- Requires ability to read and write.
- Requires ability to perform mathematical calculations using a calculator and perform basic mathematical calculations such as average, standard deviation and fractions.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires legible handwriting.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time – helpful.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented, thorough and well organized.
- Must be able to work well unsupervised, as well as, a team member.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
Employ-Temps Staffing Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.