A manufacturing company in Lodi is looking for a Controller to join their team.
- Responsible for monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Improves procedures for timely and accurate processing of transactions.
- Monitors and maintains accounts payable and receiving issues and devises or improves procedures for the timely and accurate processing of such accounts.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and month-end cut off. Complete monthly closing journal(s) accruing for various expenses incurred but not billed.
- Generates weekly, monthly, and annual reports as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Assists with audits, budgets, and special projects. Performs other accounting related duties as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Advisor Duties:
- Applies accounting data and analysis to advise Leadership Team on business-improving concepts.
- Advises on current financial business trends that could be applied to current and future business plans.
- Provides Consultative Approach to Leadership Team including Risk, Legal, Treasury, Pricing/Costing, Insurance, and other business-related.
- Provides financial models and/or insights regarding Costing, Pricing, and Manufacturing Burden.
- Provide and perform ad hoc research, cross-referencing, and analytical projects for finance & accounting purposes.
- Minimum 5 years of general accounting experience.
- Manufacturing accounting and/or cost accounting experience highly preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables a MUST.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled in accounting and financial processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting.
$70,000 to $90,000/year