Medical billing company in Canton seeking Collections Specialists to join the team on first shift.
- Responsible for the collections of medical insurance payer denials
- Analyze outstanding balances to determine appropriate course of action.
- Monitor payer websites for medical policy or benefits changes.
- Handle accounts receivable follow up
- Maintain productivity logs. Achieve and/or exceed daily collections account productivity goals.
- Appeal denials with appropriate documentation per payer requirements. Write appeal letters as necessary.
- Prepare adjustments such as refunds, contractual differences, and write-offs for approval and processing.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT codes, HCPCS codes, and HIPAA laws.
- High School Diploma/GED
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of software such as MS Office (Word, Excel) and medical software programs
- 1+ years of current work experience in medical insurance collections
Pay rate is $14-$16 per hour based on experience.