- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces attendance policy, safety regulations, and work rules.
- Evaluate department personnel to determine level of competence and training needs.
- Provide training assistance to personnel.
- Initiates or suggests plan to motivate workers to achieve goals.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, work crew, or plant.
- Oversees and manages machines and equipment to ensure specific operation performance and optimum.
- Works with quality to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- May perform activities of workers supervised.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Develops or revises standard operational procedures and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves productivity data.
- Inspects products, skid specifications and carton configurations to verify conformance to standards.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Monitors employee’s time-off and attendance.
- Coach, counsel and discipline employees in a fair and consistent manner in coordination with the Human Resources Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience, including supervisory experience is required.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement background strongly preferred.
- Strong conflict management / conflict resolution skills preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
For immediate consideration please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org