Quality Control Technician
Warren, OH 44483 US
- 1st Shift Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Assists periodic product audits/inspections on running parts and conduct final shipment audits.
- Assists with system and process audits (supplier certification, internal system, subcontractor, comprehensive process, set up verifications, etc.).
- Investigate and process quality problems to aid in their thorough resolution.
- Program and maintain programs on OGP/CMM and/or other equipment/software including SPC files.
- Acquires knowledge necessary to interpret internal and customer specifications to determine acceptable from rejectable products.
- Develop and maintain filing system of inspection records for manufactured products.
- Update changes to customer specification criteria as directed.
- Perform Receiving Inspection on vendor product to verify conformance to company standards.
- Ensure all necessary inspection records accompany shipments.
- Perform calibration of measurement equipment if required.
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers and Manager as needed.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 and other related quality system standards (e.g., TS16949 etc.). Quality System Knowledge with background in APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA and PPAP preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with close attention to detail.
- Ability to calibrate, maintain, and use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to operate inspection/lab equipment (such as OGP, optical comparator, hardness tester, etc)
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and database management software
- Data analysis skills and problem solving skills consistent with 8-Discipline technique
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Background in RF and or Electrical field preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematical concepts
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds frequently
- High school diploma with additional technical courses in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 1 year Quality experience in manufacturing.