Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Warren, OH 44483 US
- 1st Shift Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Receive and verify daily shipments from small package services and various truck deliveries: match purchase order with slip, enter information into computer, and deliver to appropriate area.
- Unload and verify freight deliveries: unload with forklift and deliver to appropriate area, check due dates, package counts, and check for damage, and enter information into system.
- Maintain control of inbound materials parts and supplies for department, unload deliveries, verify contents (address, quantity, etc.) and determine appropriate handling.
- Prepare all shipping, receiving, and inventory functions on ERP system.
- Ship small package service packages by completing necessary information on form.
- Complete internal air bill, bill-of-ladings, and other documents.
- Close out UPS and Federal Express shipping systems and run daily reports.
- Arrange for packages to be picked up by carriers.
- Handle return shipments to manufacturers.
- Wrap packages for shipment and attach invoice.
- Maintain file of vendor purchase orders.
- Assist in warehouse maintenance
- Prioritize and organizes orders to be shipped according to ship dates.
- Package and addresses material for shipping.
- Complete internal and external shipping documents.
- Arrange for transportation of completed orders.
- Receive, unpack, and verify accuracy of shipments from vendors.
- Distribute incoming shipments to appropriate locations.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance, with a variety of other insurances available
- 112 hours PTO in the first year, plus 40 hours of sick time annually
- Off 9 holidays per year, including Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday, and Christmas Eve/Day.
- Flexible with working hours if other obligations (doctor appointment, etc) and allows you to make up those lost hours
- Merit-based compensation increases every year
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Data entry experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to learn quickly, works reliably and accurately, and performs well as a member of the Production Control team.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- 1 year experience in all phases of shipping and receiving.
- High School Diploma