Day shift $15-$19 an hour
Welds completed assembly and cleans welds for painting Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld symbols.
- Must be able to determine from prints what parts and dimensions are critical and which are not.
- Be able to determine sequence of fabrication including sub-assembly, pre-welding, premachining, pre-painting, etc.
- Some lay-out work including working with degrees and compound angles.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various metals.
- Must be able to tack weld, hand burn, and flame straighten.
- Ability to run saws, shear, and punch press to make required parts.
- Conventional and precision measuring instruments.
Understand all related shop practices, to aid in finding parts and sending and routing finished parts. •
Work independently with limited supervision and finish work in a reasonable time. • Follow safety and housekeeping practices. • Operates any equipment needed to perform job. • Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal mistakes. Qualification and Requirements: • Must be able to effectively read and understand blue prints. • Successful completion of an internal welding test • One-year experience in various forms of welding Education and/or Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Mathematical Skills: Fitter/Structural: Rev. 1, 12/12/2018 Page 2 of 2 Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.